Earlyarts is recruiting a Marketing and Research Assistant
Earlyarts is recruiting a Marketing and Research Assistant to help research new target markets, update existing databases and marketing lists, research and input links and keywords for our social media strategy, write copy for our social media campaigns, manage Earlyarts video and image libraries, and co-ordinate publicity materials (on and offline). This is a long term contract (with options for renewal) as we expand Earlyarts services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research new targets from our primary markets to help promote and increase membership of the Earlyarts network.
- Research, clean and input data into Earlyarts’ online database, including liaison with members to check and update details.
- Support Earlyarts social media strategy by writing targeted copy for our social media campaigns and building relationships with our followers and members.
- Support the Events and Communications team on press and media campaigns, writing targeted copy for press releases, E-bulletins, Newsflash, Twitter and Blog entries.
- Research links and keywords in order to create and add agreed tags to all Earlyarts online resources, links, articles, publications, images, and videos.
- Manage Earlyarts video and image libraries, ensuring images / videos are uploaded immediately after our events and correctly titled, described and tagged with our key words.
- Co-ordinate the copywriting, design and distribution of digital and physical promotional materials. Design and online editing skills would be a bonus but not essential.
- Regular assessments of our web site to review copy, links, keywords, interactive features and support facilities from our members’ perspective, and to report bugs.
- Support the team in adhering to our policies for Brand Management, Data Management and Finance and Admin, and maintaining them as required.
- Support the Business Development Manager and Events Manager in specific collaborative projects such as membership incentives, market research, marketing initiatives, event co-ordination, social media and SEO analysis, online sales and business development.
- Ensure ongoing familiarity with our services, and identify any research or marketing opportunities that might enable more efficient and effective delivery of our services.
- Work in collaboration with the Earlyarts team, board and partners, and in line with Earlyarts principles, to achieve and share an excellent model of practice with all our stakeholders.
Essential skills and knowledge required:
- Degree or equivalent in research, marketing or related subject.
- 3 years relevant experience in analytical research or marketing, including copywriting.
- Self-motivated and well organised with a commitment to Earlyarts’ values.
- Excellent research and analysis skills, including excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Confident telephone and interpersonal skills for internal and external communications.
- Ability to work well independently and remotely, sometimes in unsocial hours, with excellent self discipline and motivational skills, and an ability to stay on task and resist distractions.
- Excellent time management, organisational, communication and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent IT literacy including Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Google Docs.
- Excellent Web 2.0 literacy with strong understanding of using social media applications for market research, including Twitter, Wordpress, Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo, Skype.
- Keen interest in arts, culture, early education or the digital sector.
- Ability to travel for occasional Earlyarts events and monthly team meetings (in Huddersfield).
- Commitment to a shared approach to working, building ideas as part of a team, championing Earlyarts values, and helping to find more effective ways of supporting our members.
More information and application pack here: http://www.earlyarts.co.uk/about-us/our-vacancies
Please note that this ad has now expired
Job: Marketing and Research Assistant