Front of house attendants work in cinemas, theatres and concert halls. They are responsible for ensuring that audiences are properly and safely regulated. Front of house staff have to be flexible in their work. They may be required to work in other areas, such as a theatre cafe, with little notice.
Front of house attendants have to perform a variety of tasks that require attention to detail. These include:
- Examining tickets as people enter the auditorium
- Showing people to their seats
- Solving any problems concerning seating arrangements
- Preventing any disturbances that may occur during the show
- Supervising evacuation of the theatre, cinema or concert hall in an emergency
- Supporting people with disabilities, wheelchairs and hearing aids to get the most from a performance.